This recipe has been in our family for years. I am sure it is the typical recipe for Zucchini Bread that you can find in cookbooks and around the internet. It's a simple quick-bread recipe without any bells or whistles - just shredded zucchini and the usual suspects of a quick-bread - sugar, flour, oil, eggs, etc. My favorite part of these types of bread is the crispy top that forms on the top of the loaf- it's the best! My girls absolutely loved this bread - no surprise since it's essentially a cake!
Makes 2 large loaves
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable or Canola oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini (skin on, not squeezed of moisture)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans) - I omit due to allergy
Preheat oven to 325F.
1. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans (I use Pam for Baking spray).
2. Combine beaten eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
3. Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Blend dry ingredients into the batter. Add nuts if using.
5. Divide batter between 2 loaf pans and bake 50 - 60 minutes (I use the toothpick trick).
Note: For chocolate zucchini bread, add 1/2 cup cocoa powder to dry ingredients.
Source: my mom's recipe card :-)