When I found out I was having a girl during my first pregnancy, I knew I wanted to reveal the sex of our baby in a fun way and ended up doing a Truffle Reveal. For our second, I wanted to do something different but still incorporate my love for baking. I like the idea of an individual dessert so each person can discover the surprise on his/her own. I decided to fill cupcakes with either pink or blue frosting so each person would bite into the cupcake to reveal whether Ava was getting a little brother or sister. If you've been reading earlier posts, you know that the we had a girl! I was beyond excited for Ava to have a little sister, since I love my little sister so much and can't imagine my life without her. Of course I meant to blog this when the news was actually news, but being pregnant plus taking care of a toddler got the best of me. Regardless, I thought it would be fun to document how we revealed our surprise to our family and show a little step-by-step of how to make these cupcakes.
Cupcake Gender Reveal
1. Bake cupcakes of choice in gender-neutral cupcake liners. (I chose a boxed chocolate Duncan Heinz cake for convenience and used green liners).
4. Prepare pink or blue buttercream (I used Easy Vanilla Buttercream) and pipe into the hole created when you removed the small piece of cake.
5. Replace the small piece of cake on top of the buttercream.
6. Frost and decorate cupcakes as desired. (I used Easy Vanilla Buttercream and gender neutral sprinkles).
7. Pass out cupcakes to family/friends.
8. Tell everyone to bite into his/her cupcake to reveal the sex of your baby!