Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

My First Dessert Table!

I've mentioned this in several posts, but I threw my sister Lisa a bridal shower in March and tackled my first dessert table! When my sister got engaged last summer, I immediately started brainstorming ideas for her shower. I had never hosted a shower before, and I wanted it to be so special for her. I had such an amazing bridal shower, thanks to my sister, my aunts, and my cousins, and I wanted Lisa to feel the same way.

I've been inspired to do a sweet/dessert table ever since first hearing about them from my friend Kat (and seeing her amazing work!). Lisa absolutely loves desserts, and I thought this was the perfect idea for her shower. Her colors were coral and ivory, so I decided to make that the theme of the shower. After many months of planning, shopping, and sketches, here is what I came up with:

DSC_0480_ed

And one of the biggest feats: the cake!

DSC_0476_ed

DSC_0529_ed

DSC_0473_ed

DSC_0614_ed

Here are Lisa's first reactions (priceless in my opinion!) - sorry for the paparazzi-style photos- I wanted to capture each moment!:

DSC_0547

DSC_0534_ed

DSC_0544

DSC_0545

DSC_0542

DSC_0540

DSC_0539

DSC_0537

DSC_0536

DSC_0532

DSC_0543_ed

DSC_0538_ed

DSC_0535_ed


The menu (you can sort of see my reflection in the glass!):

DSC_0488_ed

The table went over very well with the guests too. I think it was fun for them to get to sample a variety of desserts but still partake in the main dessert, the cake. I will be sharing the recipes for the desserts over the course of several posts. Here is the complete run-down of the desserts so you know what to expect:

Mini Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream

DSC_0455_ed

Meringue Cookies

DSC_0470_ed

Oreo Truffles

DSC_0450_ed

DSC_0391_ed

Strawberry Cake Truffles
(the truffles were stored in the freezer, hence the condensation)

DSC_0465_ed

Decorated Sugar Cookies: wedding dresses, wedding cakes, and diamond rings

DSC_0458_ed

(they were also the favor)

DSC_0515_ed

Chocolate-Covered Strawberries

DSC_0453_ed


I also used Sour Patch Cherries

DSC_0472_ed

and White Fudge-Covered Pretzels

DSC_0454_ed

I hope you come back soon to check out the fun posts I have coming up, including the recipes for these desserts, a Salsa Showdown, and the Groom's Cake I made for my sister and her new husband's rehearsal dinner! :)

8 comments:

  1. Every single item on that table looks beautiful and delicious. You did an AMAZING JOB! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome job! You worked your tail off for that! Everything is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice..great job. Yr sister looks very happy. The strawberries looks phenomenal. J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Your cake looks perfect and I love the color theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. her facial expressions say it all--you did an AMAZING job@@

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely and looks irresistible. Incredible job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please Meghan, post the recipes for these wonderful treats. I bet they taste as delicious as they look delicately appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally blown away by your dessert table. It looks just gorgeous - absolutely beautiful. Your hard work paid off. The custom labels just set it off perfectly. By the way - I love Lisa's hair!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP