Remember, two more days to enter the giveaway!
I've had this recipe ready to post for quite some time. It actually brings back a great memory because Bob made it for us! Bob's a great cook but rarely has time to practice his craft. Dinner just tastes better when someone else makes it, at least that's what my mom says :)
We really loved this recipe. There's a nice sweetness from the honey, and the balsamic adds another element to balance the flavor. I love cooking with toasted panko - it makes a nice, crispy crust. These chicken nuggets are healthy and quick to whip up. They are great by themselves or dipped in your favorite sauce!
Oven-Fried Honey Chicken Nuggets
1/2 cup honey
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cups Panko (or dried bread crumbs)
Olive oil cooking spray
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
Preheat oven to 375F.
1. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together honey and vinegar. Set aside.
3. Place bread crumbs in a small saute pan and toast lightly over low heat for about 3 - 4 minutes, until lightly brown. Transfer toasted bread crumbs to a shallow dish or pie plate.
4. Dip chicken in honey mixture, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
5. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Source: Adapted from Macaroni and Cheesecake