2 baked chicken breasts, shredded
1 ear of corn, kernels removed from the cob with a knife
1 red pepper, chopped
1-10 ounce package fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup shredded 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese
Creamy Cilantro-Jalapeno Sauce (recipe below)
2 large flour tortillas, warmed (I recommend using at least 4)
Pica de Gallo (recipe below)
1. In a saucepan, cook the corn and the red pepper in a little olive oil for a few minutes, then add the fresh spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat. Add vegetable mixture to a bowl containing the shredded chicken, and then stir in 1/2 cup Creamy Cilantro-Jalapeno Sauce.
2. Divide the chicken mixture among tortillas. Fold over tortillas and coat outside with cooking spray.
3. Place quesadillas on a pizza pan and bake in a hot oven (350-400F) until warmed through and lightly browned. Serve with remaining Creamy Cilantro-Jalapeno Sauce and fresh pico de gallo.
Creamy Cilantro-Jalapeno Sauce
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1-4 ounce can chopped green chilies
2 teaspoons chopped yellow onion
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lime zest
Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill for 30 minute. Store in airtight container for up to 2 days.
Pico de Gallo
6 Roma tomatoes
1/2 medium sweet onion, diced finely
1/2 of a good sized jalapeno
2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
Juice of 1/2 large lime
1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt
dash of ground black pepper
1. Wash tomatoes, halve and scoop out to discard seeds and innards.
2. Slice tomato halves into thin strips and finely dice.
3. Place diced tomatoes into large bowl.
4. Halve jalapeno and scoop out to discard seeds.
5. Slice jalapeno into thin strips and mince.
6. Place into bowl with tomatoes.
7. Add remaining ingredients, salt and pepper only to taste and serve.
Source: Adapted from Good Things Catered