Wednesday, November 4, 2015
I mentioned in this post that I had to be dairy-free soy-free for several months when Ella was a new baby. One of our favorite dinners that I found when searching for MSPI Friendly recipes is this recipe for Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs. We all love these, and I continue to make them despite no longer having to be dairy/soy-free. I usually serve them with plain, steamed rice and sautéed sugar snap peas. I will soon post my favorite MSPI Friendly Fried Rice recipe that I make using the leftover rice from this dinner!
Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika (I used smoked paprika)
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne - can reduce if sensitive to spice)
~ 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
Canola cooking spray (that does not contain soy) or Canola oil
6 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1. Preheat broiler. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with Canola cooking spray or brush with Canola oil.
2. Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on pan.
3. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
4. Meanwhile, combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well.
5. Remove chicken from oven; brush half of the honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute.
6. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
Source: MSPI Mama, adapted from Cooking Light