Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

IMG_0432_CheddarBayBiscuits

As I mentioned in the last post, I used to love the Sonoma Chicken Stew at Panera. It was served with Dry Jack Cheese Biscuits, which I thought were amazing. They had a delicious, peppery flavor. In fact, on the way to the hospital when I was in labor with Ava, I had Bob stop at Panera so I could get a biscuit since I knew once I got to the hospital I would be strictly confined to clear liquids.

When my sister and I decided to recreate the Sonoma Chicken Stew, she suggested we try these Cheddar Bay Biscuits, since we like the ones at Red Lobster. I am happy to report that these are even better than the biscuits at Red Lobster! The fresh shredded Parmesan forms little pockets of cheese in the biscuits and really transforms these into some of the best biscuits we've ever had.  They really are best warm, so if possible aim to serve them that way.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Makes 12 biscuits

Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick, store bought or homemade
2/3 cup milk (2%)
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup freshly shredded (not grated) Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
4 tablespoons melted butter

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 450F.

2. Mix all ingredients except for butter.

3. Drop onto ungreased baking sheet by spoonful.

4. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.

5. Brush with melted butter, then bake an additional 1 - 2 minutes. Serve warm.

Optional: finish with sprinkle of fleur de sel (flaky sea salt)


No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP