Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Witches Brew Punch

DSC_0567


Although Halloween has since passed, I wanted to get this recipe up because I think it's a great punch for any occasion - a holiday party, a baby or wedding shower, etc.  My favorite punch, Christmas Punch, has a number of ingredients while this one only has 3, and I like it almost as much!

I found this punch recipe on Pinterest last year and served it at our annual Halloween party.  I loved it so much that it made a return this year.  I've also added some suggestions to make it more festive for Halloween.

And for fun, here's a picture of my little cat:

DSC_0682_ed

Witches Brew Punch

Serves 12

Ingredients:
1 large can pineapple juice, chilled
1 cup orange sherbet, softened
1 2-liter bottle of orange soda, chilled
*may add rum to make it more "adult"

Directions:
In a punch bowl, stir together the pineapple juice and sherbet until the sherbet dissolves.  Just before serving, slowly pour the soda into the juice mixture.  Add more scoops of sherbet.  Ladle into cups and enjoy!

Adapted from Very Culinary

Halloween touches:
Freeze water in a disposable glove, remove the glove (it helps to run the ice hand under cold-not hot-water to get the glove to separate from the ice. Using water that is too warm will cause the ice to crack! You may have to cut the glove off in certain spots).  Float the ice hand in the punch.  I recommend making at least 2 ice hands in case of a cracking incident.  A few fingers broke off the first hand I had- which may actually have been appropriate for Halloween!

Stuf canned lychees with dark colored grapes to make eyeballs and add to the punch or to individual cups when serving.

Lychee/grape "eyeballs"!
DSC_0571


Breaking Bad Spoiler Alert! 

My sister and brother-in-law's Halloween tribute to the finale of Breaking Bad:
DSC_0576

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP