This recipe was originally served inside an adorable puff pastry shell, but Leslie suggested that it would great over pasta as well. I love bowtie pasta, so I decided to make the chicken and sauce with that. This recipe is so delicious!!! I love all of the flavors. I highly recommend this recipe!
Creamy Chicken w/ Bowtie Pasta
2 chicken breasts, diced
salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
4 basil leaves, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons sundried tomatoes
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 slices turkey bacon, cooked crispy and broken (Recommended: Oscar Mayer brand)
1 1/2 Tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup white wine, or a little more
Milk or cream, optional
Parmesan cheese, optional
~ 6 ounces pasta, prepared according to package directions
1. Heat a pot of water to boiling for the pasta, and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, about 5-8 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, basil, sundried tomatoes, garlic, bacon, cream cheese, and wine. Mix until smooth.
4. Slowly add the mixture to the chicken and mix until no lumps remain.
5. Add extra wine or milk/cream to achieve desired consistency.
6. Serve over pasta, or add pasta to pan, mix, and then serve. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Source: Adapted from The Hungry Housewife