Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Cupcake Gender Reveal!

DSC_0708_ed


When I found out I was having a girl during my first pregnancy, I knew I wanted to reveal the sex of our baby in a fun way and ended up doing a Truffle Reveal.  For our second, I wanted to do something different but still incorporate my love for baking.  I like the idea of an individual dessert so each person can discover the surprise on his/her own.  I decided to fill cupcakes with either pink or blue frosting so each person would bite into the cupcake to reveal whether Ava was getting a little brother or sister.  If you've been reading earlier posts, you know that the we had a girl!  I was beyond excited for Ava to have a little sister, since I love my little sister so much and can't imagine my life without her.  Of course I meant to blog this when the news was actually news, but being pregnant plus taking care of a toddler got the best of me. Regardless, I thought it would be fun to document how we revealed our surprise to our family and show a little step-by-step of how to make these cupcakes.


Cupcake Gender Reveal 

1. Bake cupcakes of choice in gender-neutral cupcake liners. (I chose a boxed chocolate Duncan Heinz cake for convenience and used green liners).

DSC_0692_ed

  2. With a small knife, cut out a round, cone shape from the top of the cupcake.

DSC_0696_ed


 3. Using the knife, cut the tip off of the small piece of cake you have removed (eat the small tip of cake if you'd like a snack!)

DSC_0697_ed
 

DSC_0700_ed

4. Prepare pink or blue buttercream (I used Easy Vanilla Buttercream) and pipe into the hole created when you removed the small piece of cake.

DSC_0701_ed
 

 5. Replace the small piece of cake on top of the buttercream.

DSC_0702_ed
 

6. Frost and decorate cupcakes as desired. (I used Easy Vanilla Buttercream and gender neutral sprinkles).  


DSC_0703_ed

DSC_0704_ed

DSC_0705_ed


 7. Pass out cupcakes to family/friends.

DSC_0709_ed
 

8. Tell everyone to bite into his/her cupcake to reveal the sex of your baby!

DSC_0724_ed2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP