Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

French Brownies

DSC_0650_ed


DSC_0625_ed


DSC_0645_ed



These brownies are a staple in the home of my former thesis advisor, Cara.  She brought them to a lab event many years ago, and I immediately asked for the recipe. These brownies are not chewy but rather more fudge-y and, as Cara put it, "wet." They have a nice crispy top and are truly decadent. I love having recipes for different styles of brownies - rarely do I come across a brownie that I don't like!  Cara couldn't remember the source of this recipe, but she thought they were called "French Brownies."  I've done some internet searching and am unable to locate the original source or title, so for now they will keep that name.

French Brownies

Ingredients:

Mixture 1:
2 sticks unsalted butter
8 ounces unsweetened chocolate

Mixture 2: 
2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1/2 cup all purpose flour

Directions:

1. Make Mixture 1:  Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler, whisking until smooth. Cool to room temperature.

2. Make Mixture 2:  In a medium bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.  

3. Add mixture 1 to bowl containing mixture 2, stir to combine, then fold in 1/2 cup flour.  

4. Pour batter into a pan (I think I used an 8-inch square Pyrex dish or possibly an 8.5 x 11-inch baking dish) and bake for 25 - 35 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP