Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Baked Jalapeño Poppers

IMG_1490_JalapenoPoppers


One of my favorite things about summer is the seasonal vegetables and fruit, especially if it's from our or our friends' gardens. Our neighbors gave us a bunch of their homegrown jalapeños.  All of my recipes that call for jalapeños usually only use 1 or 2, not 11! My mom suggested I make jalapeño poppers, so I found this recipe via Pinterest and was excited to try it. These were so, so good.  Everyone loved them, even Ava.  She was really sad that she only got 1 and talked about them for a long time after.  Bob and I decided that we need to serve them at our annual Halloween party and call them "Halloweeño Poppers" :-)

Baked Jalapeño Poppers

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste,
6 jalapeños, halved lengthwise, seeds sand membranes removed (I always use disposable kitchen gloves when I do this) Note: my jalapeños were homegrown from a neighbor and pretty small so I ended up using 11 of them.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.

1. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.

2. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add Panko and cook until browned, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, cheddar, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper.

4. Spoon the filling into each jalapeño cavity. Place on prepared baking sheet, filled side up, and bake until the filling is runny and golden, about 15 - 20 minutes.

5. Sprinkle with the toasted Panko and serve immediately.

Source: Adapted from Damn Delicious

1 comment:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP