Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Black Bottom Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites

I've been wanting to make these ever since the day Jenny posted them - they were just so cute! They're actually one of the reasons I finally got the mini cheesecake pan. These were really fantastic! The Oreo crust, the creamy cheesecake, the caramel topping - a winning combination! I asked Bob to compare these to the Pumpkin Spice Magic Bar Mini's; he said he actually liked these better, but said if these were topped with coconut, they'd be over the top! :)

Instead of topping them with Pumpkin Spice Kisses, I decided to make chocolate pumpkins. I used the technique that Annie posted, where you pipe chocolate onto waxed paper and then simply peel it off. It's so much fun, and I can't wait to make all of the other fun shapes I've though of. I highly recommend these cheesecake bites!!!

I should be in St. Louis for the holiday weekend by the time this posts, and I probably won't be near a computer for the next few days. Everyone please have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!!! See you soon with my first annual "12 Days of Christmas" installment! :)


This really is a pumpkin shape, although Bob said "What is this? A moose?" Figures!

Black Bottom Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites

Ingredients:
8 whole Oreos, finely ground in food processor
1 1/2 Tablespoons melted butter
8 ounces softened cream cheese (I used light)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice
Caramel dip or fat free caramel sundae topping
1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Combine the ground Oreos and melted butter into a bowl until well combined. Spoon into 12 mini cheesecake cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray (I didn't spray them and had no problem getting them out). Press into the bottom of each cup so the crust is flat. (If you have a cup or container small enough that works well.) Partially bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.

2. With a handheld or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and pumpkin until smooth. Beat in egg, vanilla, and spices until combined.

3. Pour batter evenly into the 12 cups filling about 3/4 way full. (I found it was easiest to pour the batter into a pourable measuring cup and then pour into the cups). Carefully put about a teaspoon of caramel on the top of each filled cup and gently swirl with a toothpick.
4. Bake for 25-28 minutes until cheesecake is cooked through. At this point I used a plastic knife to loosen the edges of each cheesecake.

5. After the cheesecakes have cooled, remove them from the pan and top them with more caramel. Refrigerate.
6. Make the chocolate decorations: Draw desired shape(s) on a piece of paper and trace it onto waxed paper 12 times using a sharpie or pen. Flip waxed paper over and place on a flat surface.

7. Melt 1 ounce of semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl in the microwave until just melted. Add to a small sandwich bag and cut off very tip.

8. Pipe chocolate onto waxed paper, tracing the shapes made by the sharpie. Slip the sheet of waxed paper into the fridge. When set, carefully remove the shapes from the waxed paper and decorate the cheesecakes.

Source: Adapted from Picky Palate

4 comments:

  1. THose look super cute and yummy, I don't have the pan to do these in though, bummer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO gorgeous and I love those chocolate pumpkins on top! I'm going to have to try that technique soon :)

    Happy Thanksgiving and I'm already looking forward to your 12 days of Christmas posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look amazing!! happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative--I think I have finally been convinced I need that pan to add to my collection of 100 other ones lol.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP