Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2009

Quiche Lorrentine

If you haven't noticed by now, my posts do not follow a linear format. I sometimes have a method to the order of my posts, but sometimes not. And there are things I've made and keep forgetting to post, or when I think to sit down and type out the recipe, I forget what I did. I'm a little embarrassed that I've waited this long to post this quiche, which I made for Easter breakfast, along with the Monkey Bread Muffins, back in April! (yeah I know it's July) I kept putting off posting this because I had so many Easter posts, then I lost the paper where I wrote down what I had done, and by now it's just a faint memory. But, I really wanted to share this recipe because we thought it was really good. 

This was Bob and my first Easter alone, so I wanted to make the day special by making a great Easter breakfast and dinner. My family always has quiche on Christmas morning, so I figured there's no reason it wouldn't work for Easter as well. I saw this quiche recipe on Kerstin's blog and decided I could change a few things to make it a little less healthy (haha). This quiche is a hybrid of Quiche Lorraine and Quiche Florentine, in that it has (turkey) bacon and Swiss cheese combined with spinach. For this reason, I decided to call it Quiche Lorrentine. Lame, I know, I feel like Rachael Ray! I can't believe I've never made a quiche from scratch before, because this was so simple to assemble and so delicious! Turkey Bacon and Spinach Quiche AKA Quiche Lorrentine :)

Ingredients:
1 pie crust of choice (such as Kerstin's chickpea crust)
4 eggs
2 cups skim milk
6 strips turkey bacon, cooked and broken into dime-sized pieces
10-ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed and all water squeezed out
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, plus more for topping
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Prepare crust accordingly. Then, preheat oven to 350F. 

2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in other ingredients and pour into prepared crust. 

3. Top quiche with shredded Swiss cheese, as desired. 

4. Bake at 350F for ~40 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.

Source: Adapted from Cake, Batter, and Bowl

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love anything with turkey bacan in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name lorrentine :) Your quiche looks so perfect - yum! I like quiches any time of the day, especially if they have turkey bacon in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kerstin's blog, she is so creative. This quiche looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum girl..dont worry..I have things I still have yet to post about from LAST YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP